MaxLoad Pro: Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding use of MaxLoad Pro software. If you have other questions or require assistance, please contact our tech support team at 972-739-8677. MVP subscribers will receive unlimited technical assistance during their maintenance contract term.
- 1.How is stand-alone license different from the network license? We expect to have 3 users for MaxLoad, what type of license configuration should I get?
- 2.Can I install MaxLoad on a Citrix server or use terminal server? What requirements are there and what steps should I take?
- 3.Where are the MaxLoad data saved? Can I access them outside the application?
- 4.What special steps should I take to move the MaxLoad Pro software to a different machine?
- 5.I’m trying to remove all the MaxLoad Pro files after uninstalling. What do I need to delete?
- 6.How do I tell what version of MaxLoad Pro I have and its serial number?
- 7.What formats are MaxLoad reports in? Can I create load reports in PDF format?
- 8.Is it possible to display both English/Metric dimensions in the output?
- 9.How do I change the language I see in MaxLoad?
- 10.How do I login as Supervisor?
- 11.How do I change the defaults in MaxLoad Pro?
- 12.How do I turn on user passwords?
- 13.How do I replace the TOPS logo with my company logo?
- 14.What are the MaxLoad Pro Command Line Parameters?
- 15.How do I add items into MaxLoad Pro database?
- 16.How do I save a mixed pallet as a SKU item and load into a vehicle?
- 17.How do I delete a mixed pallet saved as a SKU item?
- 18.How do I turn on user passwords?
- 19.How do I use the editor?
- 20.How do I create and edit a unitload?
- 21.How do I use the single SKU module?
- 22.What are the MaxLoad Pro Command Line Parameters?
A stand alone license can only be loaded onto 1 computer and can be used by only 1 user at a time. A network license is loaded onto a server, but can be loaded onto as many clients as you desire. The number of network seats purchased will dictate how many users can run MaxLoad at one time. For example if you have installed the program on 5 client machines, but only have a 2 user network, only 2 users would be allowed to use MaxLoad concurrently. However, additional users can login to “Viewer Mode” to open and view existing manifests but not making calculations.
1. Yes, for a single Citrix (or any RDP software) you would install MaxLoad directly to the server, like a standalone, yet still get a network license that can be shared. Now just grant permissions to users and publish the application shortcut to your remote users.
2. If this is a server farm, you will need to have a single back end server, then make each front end RDP server a client just like you would in a LAN situation, and publish shortcuts from the front end servers to the remote clients.
All MaxLoad data is stored in an Access database under the Max2ProData folder. You can open and view the data directly using Access.
You will need to use the CD to install to the new machine, then call TOPS to get a new e-license. Once the new install is functional, we can copy and paste the old Data to the new computer. However, if it is an upgrade, you must export the old data and import into the new version.
Other than the files in the Max2Pro directory and its subdirectories, MaxLoad Pro makes the following adjustments to your system:
1. It creates a MAXLOAD2.INI file in the local Windows directory
2. It creates the icons/shortcuts used to start the program
3. C:program filestopsappsmax2pro may need deleting as well
Login to MaxLoad Pro as any user and go to Help and About MaxLoad. At the top it should indicate your software version. The serial number information is also displayed here. Click on the System Info button to view more details on your current system as well as default locations for the application and its data.
MaxLoad reports are available as JPEG, BMP and PDF files. At the Print Preview screen, go to Export and then specify the format. When emailing reports from MaxLoad, each page will be saved as a JPEG file and attached to your email client.
Currently, you can use either English or Metric. To specify, use the drop down selection button on the Tool Bar.
MaxLoad cargo planning software comes in several languages, including English, Japanese, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Chinese, Thai and German. In addition, each language is fully configurable, so if you do not like the text that you see, you can change it by modifying the string file saved in MaxLoad’s Language folder.
In MaxLoad, the Supervisor has the rights to delete users, To login as a Supervisor, enter the default password of “tops software” which is case insensitive.
Follow these instructions:
1. Right click over the text of the default you want to change.
2. Click the Properties button at the pop-up menu.
3. Click the Defaults tab and make the changes as desired.
1. Login to TOPS Pro Config.
2. Login as the Supervisor.
3. Open the Supervisor menu and select Global Configuration.
4. Select the User Passwords option when the Configuration dialog box appears.
Find the maxpro2.ini file in the TOPSAPPS/MAX2PRO directory and change the logo path to point to wherever your logo picture is located. (BMP Only)
The following command line parameters work with TOPSPRO.EXE, CONFIG.EXE and VIEWER.EXE.
-DBPath=”C:APPSTOPSPRODATA”: Overrides any entries in the INI file.
-ini=”C:WINDOWSTOPSPRO.INI”: Use the specified INI file instead of the default TOPS.INI in the Windows Directory. Avoid sharing INI files.
-u “User Name”: Automatically login under the name “User Name.”
-a “Analysis Name”: Bring up the specified analysis. Approved analyses are opened first (if there is one).
-print: Auto-print and exit. Used with –a.
-printcs: Auto-print package profile and exit. Used with –a.
-viewcs: Auto-view package profile. Used with -a.
There are two ways to add items to the MaxLoad database. The first, is the manual method; use the Define pull down menu, then select the type of item you wish to add and enter them one by one into MaxLoad. The other method is by importing a text or CSV files. You can import SKU data, vehicles, pallets or order list into MaxLoad.
After creating your mixed pallet from Pallet Manifest, calculate an analysis. Select File|Save Manifest As SKU and select a number or name for your new SKU and save your analysis. Once this is done, select File|Close, then select Truck Manifest, New from the Main Screen and place your new SKU that holds your mixed pallet into the vehicle.
Define, then choose SKU. Once this is done, open the drop down box for SKU Number and select your mixed pallet saved as a SKU number. Next, select the Delete button. The program will respond with: Do you want to delete this record? If you are sure, then select Yes.
Login as supervisor, then select Tools|Configuration. After this, select Global, then check user passwords.
The Viewer mode is an operation mode in MaxLoad Pro where users can only open and view saved manifests but not making calculations or create new manifests. In this mode, the “New” option in the Control Panel will be disabled (grayed out). To use Viewer mode, check Viewer mode in the login screen, select your username and then click Login.
Create or open a manifest in Truck, Pallet or Tote manifest from the main screen. Place your SKU’s in the manifest list, then select Calculate. From the next screen, select Edit. To move your items left-click and hold on your item and drag it to a destination.
The unitload is a “saved pallet pattern” MaxLoad can use when you have enough items to create that pattern. We recommend creating Unitloads for all of your items if they will be placed on pallets. This will give you the best pallet patterns. Go to Define|Sku then click on the Create UL button. From there, pick your parameters for the pallet and stacking rules for your SKU and click the Calculate button. Once you have your Unitload created, click on the Save button. Now, you Unitload is ready for use. When you select your SKU for loading, make sure you click on the Use Unitloads field under the Options tab.
The single SKU module is used to maximize your vehicle load with one item only. Select the Vehicle and the SKU you want to load in it and you are ready to go. There is no need to specify a quantity, MaxLoad will find the best way to cube out the vehicle.